Be it onboarding new customers or sending them Halloween discounts, we rely on emails to communicate information. Customers, on the other hand, receive hundreds of emails in their inboxes every day. But most of these mailers sound like bots and lack that personal connect between the sender and recipients.
If you’re not getting the desired response, it means your emails lack personalization. At Hippo Video, we make personalization seem so easy.
How to set personalized video campaigns?
To begin with,
Get your video ready.
Now, once you have your video that you'd want to personalize, in the Hippo Video library. Tap on the video and select ‘PERSONALIZE VIDEO’ option available on the right side of the video.
Choose ‘VIDEO’ to start personalizing your video from there on.
To add merge fields to your video, click on ‘ADD TEXT’ and type ‘$’ in the text box and choose the merge fields you want to add in your video.
You can choose to add merge fields at any time, for any frame, and you can also set the display time, as per your requirements.
Once you are satisfied with the changes to your video, click ‘SAVE.’
Launch an Email Campaign:
Now you have your personalized video ready to hit the world.
1. To send an email campaign, go to ‘VIDEO CAMPAIGNS’ and select ‘SEND EMAIL.’
2. Allow Hippo Video to access your mail account to send emails on behalf of you.
3. Choose your email account provider to get started.
4. Import contacts to your Hippo Video account by clicking onand then selecting a spreadsheet from your Google Sheets/Google Contacts or add manually.
5. Once you’ve imported your contacts, enter a subject line. To personalize your subject line, type ‘$’ and select a merge field.
6. Then you can add your email content along with a video link which is already present.
7. Click ‘SEND’ to launch your email campaign.
Note: In the spreadsheet you import, make sure you give the right title for each column in the top row, for the merge fields to work.
Here’s a video guide that shows the above process: